Trader Trainee Program
We make education a priority and ensure our Trader Trainees receive a thorough understanding of the fundamental concepts of the trading industry.
The Infinium Training Program is our system for building lasting foundational skills for professional traders.
Through our extensive education program, our Trader Trainees:
- Engage in rigorous classroom theory courses that introduce new trader Trainees to the basics of the trading industry
- Participate in competitive mock trading sessions that simulate various market conditions and focus on the practical application of theoretical knowledge
- Learn from experienced traders who serve as both course instructors and mentors
- Gain first-hand knowledge of day to day affairs through observation and routine tasks
- Take part in our Rotational Program, which exposes new traders to the various markets in which we trade and allows them to gain a broad perspective of the industry in general
Training Program Philosophy
The following are some of our core beliefs underlying the Infinium Training Program:
- Invest in traders, not vice-versa: Do not take or require capital contributions or training fees from new traders
- Trading talent begets trading talent: Use only top traders as trainers and surround trainees with proven successful professionals
- Accelerate the learning curve through live trading: the market is the best classroom
- Drill the basics, like risk/reward computation, until they are second nature and machine-like
- Adaptability is paramount: constantly develop the trader's strategy toolbox to foster success in any market
- Inspire openness and honesty throughout the process: ask tough questions, demand accountability
Every element of our training program has been designed with one clear objective in mind – to make you into a successful professional trader. You will enjoy daily seminars on a range of essential subjects including: Cash and Derivative Markets, Macroeconomics, Technical Analysis, Trading Psychology, Trading the Market Depth, Price Action, Volume & Order Flow, and Money Management.
Though it is constantly being assessed and improved, the following are some of the basic components of the Infinium Training Program.
- Training conducted by firm Head of Trading and Trading Development Directors, each of whom are highly successful traders
- Begins with 2-3 week classroom intensive aimed at conveying core concepts
- Software and trading tools training
- Mock Trading program that prepares Trader Trainees for our fast-paced trading environment
- After demonstrating understanding of fundamentals, trainees begin supervised live trading with Infinium capital allocation
- Rotation throughout trading floor to learn new strategies and to enable trainees to identify their own unique style
- Daily pre- and post-market meetings and regular seminars conducted by top traders
- Regular team building exercises: trading contests, social events, volunteering
Our Mock Trading program is a simulated marketplace that prepares Trader Trainees for our fast-paced trading environment by cultivating decision-making and critical thinking skills. Taught by Senior Traders, the Mock Trading program creates true-to-life trading scenarios where Trader Trainees trade orders and make markets. Trader Trainees compete to progress through more advanced levels of Mock Trading, depending on experience and individual performance. Upon completion of the program, Trader Trainees will be prepared for the expectations and responsibilities of real trading.
Infinium believes that education should extend beyond an employee’s initial training period, therefore, we provide additional courses for continued personal development. We offer advanced theory classes for our more experienced traders as well as further enrichment opportunities for employees looking to enhance their skill set beyond their current position.
Our rotational program exposes Trader Trainees to various markets and strategies in order to gain a broad perspective of the marketplace. The program is made possible with the help of our senior traders and group leaders who help train and educate via this rotational program. Upon completion of the program, Trader Trainees will transition onto one of our products groups, but still be given the opportunity to rotate between groups.